Business Analyst, Sofia
Ref. No.: BA/Sf
Software Group is a global technology company that is specialized in delivery channel and integration solutions for the financial sector. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Sofia, Bulgaria, it currently serves a worldwide client base from 9 regional offices located in Australia, Bulgaria, Egypt, Ghana, India, Kenya, Mexico, the Philippines and the USA. Software Group has a second newly opened office in Bulgaria, located in Varna. It is supporting the headquarter operations in Sofia and has a key role in the development of products as well as the implementation of the projects Software Group has all around the world. The company’s vision is to accelerate financial inclusion by creating cutting edge technology solutions. Some of Software Group’s customers are organizations such as Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, 7 out of the top 10 Microfinance networks, International Finance Corporation (IFC), Asia Development Bank, Asian Confederation of Credit Unions (ACCU), Access bank holding and many others. The company currently employs over 300 professionals around the world that develop solutions aiming to improve the quality of life of millions of people worldwide.
- Gather and document business, functional and technology requirements to achieve stated business and technology goals for a project or as part of continuous process improvement initiatives.
- Analyze information needs, functional requirements and stakeholder decisions.
- Produce required documentation: Functional Requirement Documents, Business Requirements Documents, Use Cases; reports, workflow templates, etc.
- Relay business requirements to internal technical teams, towards collaboration.
- Work with Quality Assurance team to review test cases documents.
- Work with end clients and end users to define, document and execute test scenarios as well as to provide enhancement and bug-fixing.
- Provide additional value via industry standard methods: interviews, document analysis, workshops, surveys, task and workflow analysis, etc.
- Serve as a liaison between business units, technical teams (development, support, and quality assurance), partners and third party vendors to explore additional opportunities and initiatives.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Economics, Management or relevant.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Project Management/BA role in the software industry and good understanding of IT fundamentals.
- Understanding of financial or banking software business knowledge (Core Banking Systems, Payment Services, Microfinance, etc.).
- Experienced in working with technical staff (developers, support and quality assurance engineers, etc.).
- Experienced in working with end customers, various information sources and compilation of bulk data.
- Ability to work independently with little to no direct supervision and guidance.
- Corporate work ethics acumen: organized, able to work under pressure, able to prioritize and resolve critical and complex issues.
- Self-motivated, creative, adaptable and analytical personality.
General requirements for all SG employees:
- Must have a positive, get-done attitude and willingness to take on and contribute in any cross-functional areas the team needs at any given time.
- Must understand and buy into the core values, vision and mission of the company.
- Must have a drive for professional development and actively engage in team improvements.
- Must speak English fluently and have clear writing skills for communicating with customers and colleagues.
Should you be interested in working with us based on the above, please send your CV in English. References are highly valued.
All applications will be treated strictly confidential. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Software Group is an equal opportunity employer. We do not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.