Oracle Database Administrator, Sofia
Ref. No.: ODBA
- Responsible for database administration, performance tuning, optimization, high-availability architecture, and an expert design input of complex systems that are in process of internal research, active development, testing, project implementation, or running in production at customer sites.
- Act as the company go-to expert that would advise and hands-on ensure that our new and existing systems and applications meet the industry best standards, practices, tooling and designs, as related to: database monitoring, performance, data integrity, recovery, failover, data transformations, synchronizations, and security.
- Analyze and recommend solutions by defining database logical and physical structure, functional capabilities, database security, data backup, and recovery specifications.
- Develop plans, instructions and guides and perform regular monitoring, health check, maintenance and support on databases.
- Actively participate in root cause analyses as related to deadlocks and performance degradations.
- Advise architects and developers on the most efficient database designs (tables, data types, stored procedures, functions, indexes, etc.) and actively participate in performance testing and performance optimizations.
- Prepare users by conducting trainings, providing information, resolving problems.
- Deep understanding of high-performance, high-availability, and scalable database design and architecture is a must.
- Minimum of 3 + years database administration experience and an expert knowledge in Oracle.
- Some experience or knowledge of PostgreSQL and noSQL database administration in cloud environment would be considered as a big plus.
- An expert knowledge of and solid experience with various tools and techniques for database monitoring, profiling, analyzing, performance fine-tuning, integrity, recovery, failover, troubleshooting, data mapping, data transformations, synchronizations, mirroring, and data change compare operations.
- Practical knowledge of PLSQL and other scripting languages required for the automation of jobs and maintenance procedures.
- Strong performance analysis and tuning capabilities with capacity analysis and ability to work across teams to drive efforts.
- General understanding of distributed computing architectures, e.g., client–server model, of operating systems, e.g. Windows and/or Linux, of storage technologies and networking.
- The position requires high-degree of communication, teamwork, adaptability, problem-solving and superb analytical skills and willingness to keep up to date with developments in new technology.
- Fluent in Bulgarian and English.
General Requirements for All SG Employees:
- Must have a positive, get-done attitude and willingness to take on and contribute in any cross-functional areas the team needs at any given time
- Must understand and buy into the core values, vision and mission of the company
- Must have a drive for professional development and actively engage in team improvements
- Must speak English fluently and have clear writing skills for communicating with customers and colleagues
Should you be interested in working with us based on the above, then please send your CV in English. References are highly valued.
All applications will be treated strictly confidential. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.Software Group is an equal opportunity employer. We do not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.